Yes! Mother’s Day is almost here…finally an excuse to do nothing and take a legitimate break from marketing food gifts We all need a break and I need some QT with my family and some serious drinking.
Not tons of booze, not even an entire bottle of wine. All I want is a delicious Bloody Mary (or two) prepared at home (by my husband) with some fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, and a bagel. Today while I was tweeting away, I came across this recipe for The Ultimate Fully-Loaded Bloody Mary that was posted by one of our clients, Certified Steak and Seafood via the Serious Eats website. How good does this look????
- 1 tablespoon celery salt or (or plain kosher salt, if you prefer)
- 1/4 lemon, cut into two wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or less to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish (or 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces high-quality tomato juice
- 1 stick celery
- Place celery salt in a shallow saucer. Rub rim of 12-ounce tumbler with 1 lemon wedge and coat wet edge with celery salt. Place lemon wedge on rim of glass. Fill glass with ice.
- Add Worcestershire, soy, black pepper, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and horseradish to bottom of cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice and add vodka, tomato juice, and juice of remaining lemon wedge. Shake vigorously, taste for seasoning and heat, and adjust as necessary. Strain into ice-filled glass. Garnish with celery stalk and serve immediately.
Only 3 more days…Happy Mother’s Day!
Let’s connect on Twitter.
Become a fan on Facebook.
Check out our boards on Pinterest.